The Student's Grievance Cell desires to promote and maintain a conducive and unprejudiced educational environment.
The objectives of Students Grievance Cell include the following:
i. To support, those students who have been deprived of the services offered by the College, for which he/she is entitled.
ii. To make officials of the College responsive, accountable and courteous in dealing with the students.
iii. To ensure effective solution to the student's grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
The Cell enables a student to express feelings by initiating and pursuing the grievance procedure in accordance with the rules and regulations of the College. 'Student's Grievance Cell' enquires and analyses the nature and pattern of the grievances in a strictly confidential manner. Emphasis on procedural fairness has been given with a view to "the right to be heard and right to be treated without bias".
1. The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit.
2. Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in consultation with the officer in-charge Students’ Grievance Cell.
3. To co-ordinate between students and Departments / Sections to redress the grievances.
4. To guide ways and means to the students to redress their problems.
5. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Block. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the officer in-charge of Students’ Grievance Cell.
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE:
1.LIZ SHAHANE JOHN ASSITANT PROFESSOR (ECE)
2.SARATH K M ASSITANT PROFESSOR (MECH)
3.SMITA UNNIKRISHNAN ASSITANT PROFESSOR (CSE)