The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) in Sree Ernakulathappan College of Engineering & management is an initiative of Kerala startup mission under Startup Bootcamp Scheme of Government of Kerala. Under this scheme, financial assistance is given to selected colleges for supporting innovative products and thereby build an entrepreneurial eco-system inside the campus. The mission of the IEDCs is to “develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students
1. To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding S&T entrepreneurs.
2. To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Institution
3. To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
1. To organise Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the college/institution for the benefit of S&T persons.
2. To initiate two innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development.
3. To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
4. To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
5. To arrange industrial visit to understand the present problems faced by the industry and propose innovative solutions.
6. To act as a Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc.
ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT